Regulatory Compliance Links
NJPA’s cooperative contract purchasing leverages the national purchasing power of more than 50,000 member agencies while also streamlining the required purchasing process. As a municipal national contracting agency, NJPA establishes and provides nationally leveraged and competitively solicited purchasing contracts under the guidance of the Uniform Municipal Contracting Law. Joint Powers laws enable members to legally purchase through our awarded contracts.
- NJPA is a government agency, governed by a publicly elected board of directors (M.S. 123A.21).
- They are public employees, the same as their members.
- Their mission is: To build valued relationships, deliver innovative solutions with integrity, and exceed the expectations of our members.
- NJPA facilitates a competitive solicitation & award process nationally on behalf of their members’ needs and expectations.
- NJPA is its own lead agency and has the legislative authority to establish contracts.
- Acceptance and comfort always comes down to local policy and interpretation.